The world number three Australia will take on 10th-ranked China on Saturday , having recorded a 1-0 win over world champions Netherlands and 2-1 defeat to Belgium last round.
ALERT:Some news about joddie being out, replace her with a any of Cui qiuxia/Bone edwina/Nobbs kaitlin
Prediction: Australia to win
Australia Team Preview:
- The Hockeyroos have named a 19-member team for Hobart, with Rebecca Greiner added to the group which played in Melbourne.
- Result: Women’s Match 6 :
Australia 1(57* P Brooke FG), Belgium 2
Player of the Match: Barbara Nelen (BEL)
- Australia’s Hockeyroos (WR:3) came into their meeting against Belgium’s women (WR:13) feeling confident about their chances of success
- A first ever win against Australia is another major milestone in the development of the Belgium women’s team, who are constantly proving that they are far better than their position in the FIH World Rankings would indicate.
- Result: Women’s Match 4
Australia 1(Claxton 21’), Netherlands 0
Player of the Match: Rachael Lynch (AUS)
- The Hockeyroos have ended almost a decade of Dutch dominance with a ground-breaking 1-0 win over world champions Netherlands in their FIH Pro League opener in front of a sold-out crowd in Melbourne.
- Australia secured the upset over the world number one Netherlands, thanks to a number of defensive stops from local gun Rachael Lynch and a fantastic field goal in the 21st minute from Jane Claxton.
Australia Probable Starting 11 :
Chalker emily (c)
Lynch rachael (gk)
Impact Substitutes :
Wells ashlee (gk)
China Team Preview:
China Probable Starting 11 :
Cui qiuxia (c)
Ye jiao (gk)
Key Players to watch Out :
China:Gu bingfeng ,Cui qiuxia,Zhang xiaoxue,Zhang jinrong, Liang meiyu
Australia: Peris brooke,Williams mariah ,Claxton jane,Kenny jodie ,Fitzpatrick,Lynch rachael,Chalker emily
Sample Reference Team:
Alternatives: Cui qiuxia/Bone edwina/Nobbs kaitlin