FIH Pro League debut match for Great Britain.
New Zealand (World Ranked #6) host Great Britain (World Ranked #2): Match 10 of FIH Pro League.
Prediction: New Zealand due to better preparation
Goal prediction : Low Scoring , NZ only conceding 2 goals through the first two rounds of the FIH Pro League but are also yet to score a goal.
New Zealand Team Preview:
Vantage Black Sticks Women are going to look to bounce back from the shock of losing to Belgium in the last minute of play this past Friday. The Black Sticks have created a number of opportunities in the opening matches of the FIH Pro League however their final touches have not happened yet
Previous Match :
Result: Women’s Match 3
New Zealand 0, Belgium 1
Player of the Match: Alix Gerniers (BEL)
The Vantage Black Sticks Women have made two changes to the side that took narrowly lost to Belgium which sees young Midlands midfielders Alia Jaques and Shiloh Gloyn come back into the side.
Great Britain Team Preview:
GB emphatically defeated New Zealand the last time they met with Giselle Ansley, Hollie Pearne-Webb and Lily Owsley all featuring in the 3-0 semi-final victory at Rio 2016.
- Hollie Pearne-Webb will lead the side and her experience will be vitally important
- With a squad containing three new faces in Lizzie Neal, Holly Hunt and Holly Munro – who are all in line to make their senior international debuts – the New Zealand match will be an exciting test for this new wave of talent.
- Tess Howard has also been selected after impressing in her first senior international competition at the Hockey Champions Trophy in November 2018.
- Sarah Jones represents Wales as part of this GB squad and could reach a century of international appearances having made 97 to date
- England’s Anna Toman is three appearances away from 50 international caps.
- Holly Munro will join up with the squad ahead of the Australia fixture.
- The complete squad is :
Giselle Ansley (ENG)
Grace Balsdon (ENG)
Nikki Cochrane (SCO)
Emily Defroand (ENG)
Sarah Evans (ENG)
Tess Howard (ENG)
Holly Hunt (ENG)
Sarah Jones (WAL)
Hannah Martin (ENG)
Lizzie Neal (ENG)
Lily Owsley (ENG)
Hollie Pearne-Webb (Capt) (ENG)
Suzy Petty (ENG)
Jo Hunter (ENG)
Ellie Rayer (ENG)
Sarah Robertson (SCO)
Erica Sanders (ENG)
Amy Tennant (ENG)
Anna Toman (ENG)
New Zealand Probable Starting 11 :
Rutherford sally (gk)
Michelsen stacey (c)
Impact Players from Bench
O’hanlon grace (gk)
Britain Probable Starting 11 :
Pearne-webb hollie (c)
Cochrane nicola (gk)
Sample Team Reference:
Alternatives : Martin hannah\Smith kelsey
Britain to win combo: Ansley giselle+Owsley lily
Nz to win combo: As bslow