Manchester City vs Chelsea – Premier League
10th February, 21:30 IST
Etihad Stadium, Manchester
Manchester City: W W L W W
Chelsea: L W W L W
English champions Manchester City will welcome an inconsistent Chelsea side to the Etihad Stadium on Sunday night in a pivotal clash in the Premier League.
After suffering a shock 2-1 defeat to Newcastle United 10 days ago, City bounced back spectacularly by beating Arsenal and Everton in their subsequent clashes to keep the Premier League title race alive.
Chelsea, on the other hand, have blown hot and cold in the past month and will be looking to get back into Top 4 by upsetting the Citizens in their own backyard.
A nervy encounter between two unpredictable sides is on the cards at the Etihad on Sunday night.
Manchester City: Ederson; Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Laporte; B. Silva, Fernandinho, D. Silva; Sterling, Aguero, Sane.
Chelsea: Kepa; Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Luiz, Alonso; Jorginho, Kante, Barkley; Willian, Hazard, Higuain.
Combined XI for the game (1):
Combined XI for the game (2):
Captain & Vice-Captain Options:
- Sergio Aguero
- Raheem Sterling
- Eden Hazard
- Leroy Sane
- Gonzalo Higuain
- Benjamin Mendy
- Vincent Kompany
- Hudson-Odoi (Illness)
- Gary Cahill
- As always, no has a clue about the starting lineup Guardiola will put out.
- Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri may stick to the same starting XI that demolished Huddersfield Town 5-0 last Saturday.
- Expect both sides to get on the scoresheet in this particular contest. Clean sheets may be hard to come by.
- Pep suggested in his pre-match press conference that he might start De Bruyne on the bench against Chelsea. “It’s quite possible he might not play against Chelsea everyone knows that. Sometimes when you have a long injury you have to make a decision. I didn’t want to give him games, games, games, after injuries,” said Guardiola.
- Laporte has started as the left back in City’s previous two matches. Pep may stick to the same strategy.